Alright...I know she's two weeks old now, but I feel like I haven't had any time at all to get on here and update. Well, here is a little bit about her birth and how she and us have been doing. On Friday, May 6th Jamie and I got to the hospital to be induced at about 7:30 am. After admitting, getting settled into a Labor and Delivery room and after contacting and getting the ok from my doctor they started the induction at about 10am. After just a little while I got an epidural...those things are heavenly! The only downfall this time around was that the epidural caused my blood pressure to drop to a scary level. NOT FUN!!! One of the readings that I remember was about 58/27...yeah...REALLY low! So, the anesthesiologist came in and gave me some kind of medication to bring my blood pressure back up....which then caused my heart rate to flip out! It was wonderful! NOT!! Well...after all that not so fun stuff (not that labor is supposed to be fun) I was checked at around 3ish to find that I was only at 4 cm. Very Depressing!! Then about an hour later I started to feel some pressure and was checked again to find that I was at a 10!! WOOHOO!! So the nurses went to call my doctor and let him know to come to the hospital only to find out that he was in the middle of a vasectomy! Eek!! So I tried to relax and not to sneeze!! Lol! It actually didn't take him too long to get there...which was very nice! So, after about 4 pushes she was born at exactly 5 pm! My doctor said that she was "Sunny side Up" which is probably why the labor went so slowly compared to the other kids. She was so purple when she was born that my mom thought we should call her Grape! She swallowed quite a bit of fluid on her way out and had to be suctioned out, but other than that she was healthy as healthy could be! Little Brynn was exactly 7 pounds, 18 1/2 inches long and so adorable!! She is such a good baby and hardly cries at all!! She is also an awesome sleeper...she goes for 4 hour stretches at night. Brynn also had her two week checkup last Friday and has already gained 9.5 ounces and grown 2 1/4 inches! Its no wonder newborns sleep so much! We are all so happy to have her home and a part of our family! All of the other kids love her...especially her big sister who rarely lets her out of her sight! Even Josh loves her and is so gentle!! We really couldn't have asked for a better baby or better kids!! We are so blessed!
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment