Yesterday was just a great day full of new and exciting things! It was Zach's third birthday and also Emma learned how to ride her bike without training wheels! We took the training wheels off for her on Saturday for a little while and let her try it out...but she was far from being able to do it by herself. So first thing on Monday morning she asked if she could get dressed and go outside and practice. About an hour later she comes running inside to tell me that she did it all by herself!!! At first I was thinking that she had just been able to pedal a couple times before falling over (what she had been doing). So I come over to the window and watch while she gets up on her bike, takes a couple of tries at getting started, and then pedals two houses down, turns around in their driveway and comes back to her starting place! WOW!!!! She is such a big girl now!!! She was so excited and proud that she had accomplished it!!! I was too!! I think I was probably more excited than she was for a little while!! This is a pretty neat thing for Emma since she has been getting easily discouraged lately! I'm so proud of her for sticking with it and practicing!! She did it!!! Now when she gets discouraged again I can remind her how she practiced at riding her bike when she thought she couldn't do it! She can accomplish anything she puts her mind to...I hope she learns that!! I'm so proud of her!!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment