Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Kids Say The Darndest Things!
Ok...I just have to share this! On the way home the other night we passed a place that Emma recognized. "Mom, that's the hospital that Grandpa went to. Why was Grandpa there?" Here goes! "Well, Grandpa was there because he had Kidney Stones." Then Emma of course askes "What are Kidney Stones?" It takes me a couple minutes to think of how to explain this to a five year old. "When you get bigger sometimes your body has too much Calcium in it and so all of that calcium sticks together and makes little tiny rocks...the only way to get the rocks out is to pee them out...that hurts a lot...that's why Grandpa had to go to the hospital...so they could help him." There was silence in the car for a few minutes until Zach, who had been quietly listening the entire time, says with all the excitement a two year old can muster "Mommy, when I get bigger I'm going to pee rocks!" I laughed the rest of the way home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




hahahahahahahahahahah
ReplyDelete